Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Year Brings Winds of Change


It's been a year since I last posted anything here. That seems reasonable as I think over the last year. I was kind of a hermit in 2010, but I can't think of many crafts or creative things I did while holing myself up. I hope that is about to change.

I have a list of new projects I'd like to get started on- many of them have to do with a camera. It's been years since I took pictures as an artistic outlet, but I have a lot of ideas rolling around in my head.

I also hope to start up a craft night again. I feel starved for the company of my friends, and women in general. Not sure if these will still be centered around knitting, or maybe something a little more visceral, like painting!

I did make some nice holiday cards this year (see picture), but I was a little lazy about actually sending them out. All that really means is that I still have a couple of my favorites to send out whenever I like. And I like that. This was my first time to buy these somewhat pricey sets of stickers, but it was worth the cost! I used the stickers sparingly among my own designs and cut-outs. Fun!

It's been a strange couple of weeks. I've had a building feeling in my core of the desperate need to create and to share company with friends and family. I'll take this as that gut feeling one is always supposed to trust. I have broken away some of the earth to allow more space for the water and the fire.

It has felt like spring for the last few day, and today it feels like winter has completely taken over. Wild winds whipped through last night; they blew down a tree limb that cracked the wooden fence. And they blew away some parts of me that were in doubt. It feels like autumn in my heart, and that means I need to create: words, images, sounds, relationships...

I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment